As most of you will now be aware, yesterday the UK Government advised against non-essential travel and gatherings due to the new coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Consequently, as of today, we will be postponing all ESCAPE trails events for the foreseeable future. We know this will be disappointing for those of you who have already bought tickets, especially with races being cancelled too, but our customers’ and our own health and safety must come first.
We will be giving you the option to transfer your place to another event later in the year when we feel it is safe for us to start events again. If anyone wishes to have a full refund we will, of course, let you have one. As a new small business these are very uncertain times, and this will have a significant financial impact on us; but we know we must do what’s right for our customers, especially in what will be a hard time for all of us.
Our events may have to stop, but trail running doesn’t have to. It’s going to be even more important to get outside in nature and do the thing we love. Sadly, this will probably just be on our own 🙁
So, to keep the trail running inspiration going, we’re here to help. Anyone that tags #escapetrailsuk in a photo on social media will be entered into a draw. At the end of each week we will pick our favourite and send that person a prize. There are a few rules:
• The photo has to be a new one, not one that has been stored on your phone for years
• Sorry, trails not roads 😉
• We will list the prize each week. This could be anything from a free place on one of our events to an ESCAPE trails t-shirt or gear from one of the great companies that has supported Neil – or anyone else that sends us something for a prize!
• No group photos, we are trying to prevent the spread of COVID-19 after all.
• Prizes will be sent according to government guidance on postage; this may be after the restrictions on movement have been lifted.
• We can only send prizes within the UK, sorry.
Why are we doing this? To inspire you to carry-on trail running, and to remind you that, although our lives have undoubtably changed forever, we will always have the things that bring us together, such as running. And, well, because more than ever we will need your support – as will all the race directors and anyone else involved in our sport. Once the current situation has ended the trail running community will need us all to pull together and support the people, groups and businesses that put so much into what we at ESCAPE trails consider to be the best sport in the world. So, if you’re lucky enough to receive a prize from ourselves or another business, please continue to support them after COVID-19 has done one.
Most importantly, stay safe everyone, and happy trails.
Neil and Hannah