Trail Running Escapes Burnham Deepdale
April 16, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - April 18, 2021 @ 12:00 am£185
Join ESCAPE trails for a weekend of running on the beautiful Norfolk coast. We will be based at the fantastic Deepdale Backpackers and Camping, where we will have direct access to the Norfolk Coast Path, as well as many other trails and footpaths perfect to run on. All runs are lead by experienced trail runners Neil Staveley and Hannah Westen, who have a great knowledge of the Norfolk trails. Both are fully qualified UK Athletics Run Leaders, and will be on hand all weekend to answer any questions you may have about trail running. All runs over the weekend will be run at a social pace, with plenty of opportunities to take breaks for snacking, taking photos, and enjoying the views. No one will be left behind, these runs are about exploring, not racing, so please be aware that you may not be the slowest runner, and you may need to run at a slower pace than you are used to. Over the weekend there is the option of 3 seperate runs, and the routes we have chosen have stunning views but are not over technical terrain. They are ideal for people new to trail running, and if you are comfortable running at 12-13 minute miles you will be fine. If there is enough interest we will do some evening talks on shoes, kit, and any useful tips to help you get the most out of your trail running.
Friday 16th April
- Check in from 14:00
- 5 mile run along one of the local Norfolk Trails Coastal Treasures routes.
- Either cook your meal in the accommodation kitchen, or eat at one of the local pubs.
- Welcome drinks
- Free time to explore.
Saturday 17th April
- 21 mile run along a part of the Coastal Path and Peddars Way, including some other less used paths.
- Group dinner in a local pub (not included).
- Trail running Q&A.
Sunday 18th April
- Option of out and back run along Coast Path towards Holkham beach.
- Check out.
- Say our goodbyes.
itinerary subject to change with no warning
- Accommodation for the weekend in private self catering hostel, with shared rooms (there is plenty of space and we will do our best to make sure these are same sex rooms, but if you have any concerns please contact us and we will try our best to sort something out).
- Guided runs by qualified Run Leaders.
- Advice and tips all weekend.
- Trail snacks and nutrition supplied by Mountain Fuel.
- All bedding.
- Free photos from the weekend.
- Transport to and from accommodation (although we can pick you up from Wells-Next-The-Sea if pre arranged).
- Lunch and Evening meals.
- Additional drinks and snacks.
Price – £185
Non refundable deposit of £40 required upon registration, which will be deducted from final balance. Final balance due 60 days before event.
DEPOSIT AND FULL BALANCE IF PAID, WILL BE REFUNDED IF THIS EVENT IS CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
Please read the Trail Running Escapes terms and conditions