Intro To Trail Running Workshop
Are you looking to try trail running for the first time?
During this 5 hour workshop we will cover the skills you need to help you get out trail running, including technique, running over different terrain, uphill/downhill running and gear you may need.
We will be based in the fantastic Oak Lodge at High Lodge, which will provide us with a great space to have some indoor lessons, before heading out and having practical sessions on the beautiful trails of Thetford Forest.
At the end of this workshop you will leave feeling more confident about hitting the trails on your own.
Who is this workshop aimed it? Anybody that already runs, and wants to take up trail running. All we ask is that you can run a minimum of 5k.
What will we be covering?
- During the workshop we will cover what trail running is, running technique, running over different terrain, uphill/downhill running, and what shoes and gear you may need.
- There will be a fully qualified UK Athletics running coach on hand to answer any questions you have throughout the morning.
- Our Guides know High Lodge like the back of their hands, and will give out fascinating facts about the history and nature of Thetford Forest when we head out on to trails.
Will we be running for 5 hours? No, we will have some classroom sessions, and will be running around 2 hours in total.
What will I need?
- Please come dressed appropriately for the weather, there may be a little wait between practical sessions so it’s important that you can stay warm.
- Refreshments will be provided, but you may want to bring water with you for when we’re running.
- The forest is quick draining, so even if we have heavy rain beforehand, road shoes will be fine.
- Fully qualified UK Athletics Running Coaches and Guides
- Discounted parking for the 5 hours
- The size of the group will be kept small to ensure that everyone gets a good level of attention and help.
- All attendees will receive a discount code for one of our 10k guided trail runs at High Lodge.